A common mistake that people undertaking a home improvement project make is thinking that you need to completely re-do everything and anything in order to be successful. Remember, it’s called home improvement, not ‘home completely-change-everything-about-your-home’.
For example, improving your lounge can be done with the simple addition of a new sofa or a scatter cushion or two. If you’ve been looking for sofas Melbourne is practically overflowing with amazing lounge suites—both new and old—for you to pick from. Or you may even have some leftover tins of paint gathering dust in the garage that’re just waiting to be used on a feature wall.
The point is that transforming your lounge doesn’t have to be a headache or a financial drain, in fact there are loads of ways you can transform your lounge on a budget.
Let’s take a look at five of them.
1. Transforming Your Lounge with a New Sofa
We highly recommend buying a new sofa to help you transform your lounge. In the grand scheme of things, this is a small change with a big impact. And because a sofa will last around 10 – 15 years, it’s an investment as well as a transformation tool.
Feel free to play around with different shapes, sizes, styles, materials and colours. If you redecorate often, opt for a sofa that is neutral in colour and rather use scatter cushions or throws to tie your styles together.
If you’re a ‘baby steps’ kind of person and aren’t keen on all-new lounge suites Melbourne sofa suppliers can also provide you with a stylish lounge chair or two to help you ease into redecorating.
2. Transforming Your Lounge with Sofa Accessories
In case you’re unable to buy a new lounge suite right now, don’t fret! You can transform your lounge by sprucing up your existing sofa with the use of clever accessorising.
Blankets, throws, scatter cushions and a good cleaning can make all the difference in the world. If you have a little more budget to play around with, you can consider sending your sofa in for a deep cleaning and reupholstering job to give it new life.
3. Transforming Your Lounge with Plants
Plants are an incredibly effective way of updating and transforming your lounge space by providing a stunning splash of colour. On top of transforming your lounge visually, including plants can also help purify the air within your home as well as promote a stress-free environment.
Common examples of plants that people use to transform their lounges include:
- Aloe Vera plants
- Snake plant
- Bamboo palm
- Staghorn fern
- Peace lily
Another element to using plants as a transformative tool in your lounge is the pot that they’re in. You can play around with different shapes, textures and sizes or even decorate the pots yourself.
4. Transforming Your Lounge with a Feature Wall
Repainting an entire room can get expensive quickly and there’s honestly no need to go all out when one feature wall can transform your lounge entirely. A feature wall can transform not only the look of your lounge but the feel too.
Put a decent amount of thought into what colour, texture or wallpaper style you want to use for your feature wall. Make sure it doesn’t clash with the rest of your home’s interior.
5. Transforming Your Lounge by Rearranging Your Furniture
Sometimes, you have everything you need to transform your space without even realising it. You’ll be surprised at the impact that rearranging your furniture can have on your lounge. And the best part is that you spend no money whatsoever by doing it!
While you’re rearranging your lounge, keep the following in mind:
- Ensure your room is physically welcoming by keeping the entrance and exit points clear. Nobody will feel welcome and at home in a room where they’ll have to dodge furniture & duck below hanging lights.
- Make the room easy to navigate by leaving enough room to walk around the room without bumping into objects or furniture.
- Don’t line your furniture up against the walls, leaving unused ‘dead space’ in the centre of the room. Optimise as much space as you can and do your best to facilitate a warm & cozy atmosphere.
- Make sure the room is still functional. For example, TVs need to be carefully considered. Don’t place the TV stand in front of a window that could cause the TV to overheat or possibly encourage petty thieves to try their luck on your home. And finally, don’t place your TV opposite a window that get’s plenty of sun unless you have block-out blinds.
As you can see, transforming your lounge doesn’t have to be a huge undertaking and can be done with just a few clever adjustments or additions. From upgrading your sofa, to adding a feature wall—there are many different ways you can transform your lounge without breaking the bank.
Which of these easy transformation techniques will you be trying out for yourself? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below.